After the success of 5.50 GEN-D2, Then GEN team pushes another update that allows you to play most of the latest PSP games without upgrading to the latest firmware (this means games that require at least 5.55 upto 6.10 official firmware) nor having to to patch the eboot. Instead of a simple patch however, 5.50 GEN-D3 can be installed by using the XGEN Updater (currently at version 5). Wondering how to install 5.50 GEN-D3 on your PSP? Please continue reading below.
If you have a PSP-3000 / PSP-2000 TA088v3 however, you can install 5.03 GEN-C.
Important: DO NOT attempt to install this on PSP-3000 / PSP-2000 TA088v3. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PSP IF YOU DO.
Important: If you are updating from 5.50 GEN-B, you need to install 5.50 GEN-B2 before proceeding. Otherwise, YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PSP.
- A PSP with custom firmware installed AT LEAST 5.00 M33-6. Although the installer worlds on 4.01 M33, it’s better if you upgrade to 5.00 M33-6 to lower the risk of the installation failing. If you’re having problems installing 5.50 GEN-D, read the troubleshooting part below.
- PSP battery that’s at least 78% full
- Download: XGen Updater
- Disable ALL plugins.
- Back up your save files (so that if they get corrupted, you still have backups)
How to install 5.50 GEN-D3 using XGen Updater
- Connect your PSP to your computer
- Extract the XGen Updater to your PC
- Copy the PSP folder and the 550.pbp file to the root of your memory stick
- On your XMB, go to Game > Memory Stick to start XGen Updater
- Select Enter on the screen above
- Choose Flash install CFW 5.50 GEN-D3
- After all process is complete, press X. Your PSP will reboot.
- Congratulations, you’ve just installed 5.50 GEN-D3
Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D3 Features:
- All features of 5.50 GEN-D2 and 5.50 GEN-D are available.
- Compatibility with games requiring firmware 6.10 and above (this includes the Demos available from the PSN)
- Play the following games, Tekken 6, Gundam vs Gundam, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Naruto, J-League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou 6 Pride of J, Naruto Shippuden Narutimate Accel 3, James Cameron Avatar The Game,Phantasy Star Portable 2, R-Type Tactics II Operation Bitter Chocolate, Bleach Soul Carnival 2, Battle Spirits Kiseki no Hasha, Yamada, etc.
Troubleshooting:If you’re having problems getting the black screen when installing 5.50 GEN-D, you need to reflash your PSP to 5.00 M33-6. If you’re already using 5.00 M33-6, upgrade to 5.50 GEN-B2, then run the 5.50 GEN-D installer:
Requirements for reflashing your PSP to 5.00 M33-6:
- Extract the Hellcat’s Recovery flasher and copy it to PSP\GAME folder
- Copy the 500.pbp to the Recovery folder (PSP\GAME\RECOVERY)
- Run Hellcat’s Recovery flasher from your XMB
- Reflash to 5.00 M33-6